Our hips bear a lot of weight throughout the day. Even at rest, we can be putting pressure on them. Incorrect sleeping positions, standing with our weight on one side of the body, even sitting at our desks can put stress on the soft tissues, nerves, and joints in and around the hip.
There are various factors that can lead to hip pain or their loss of range of motion and flexibility. Most of us rely on our hips for several of our everyday movements, and because of our constant dependency on them, hip discomfort can affect anyone, no matter their age or lifestyle.
Chiropractic care can find what’s causing your hip pain. A chiropractor is educated in the inner workings of the musculoskeletal system and the relationships between the soft tissues, joints, bones, and nerves. We understand that determining the source of your pain is essential to your body’s health.
In this post, we’ll answer:
- Who gets hip pain?
- Why do I have hip pain?
- What are the symptoms of hip pain?
- Should I see a chiropractor for my hip pain?
- And more
Chiropractic solutions are safe, holistic treatments that can help end your hip pain and keep it away. Let’s talk about how.
Who Gets Hip Pain?
Unfortunately, hip pain doesn’t discriminate against anyone for any reason. Our hip joint is the largest joint in the body, and it can take a lot of abuse. When it’s fully functioning, it allows our movements to be painless and fluid.
However, over time and with use, the soft tissues and bones can become injured. Some are more prone to hip pain than others, but seeking medical attention at its first sign can help ensure it doesn’t worsen.
Some people who get hip pain include:
- Those with poor posture or poor sleeping positions
- Those with poor ergonomics
- Those with overuse injuries, usually due to work or athletics
- Those who have been involved in a traumatic accident, such as a car accident or a slip and fall
- Those who are active
- Those who are sedentary
- Those who are older
Whether your pain is caused by habitual poor movement patterns or due to a sports injury, chiropractic can help you find quick, effective relief at the source of the problem.
Why Do I Have Hip Pain?
Understanding why you’re experiencing hip discomfort will help determine how best to fix it. Your condition may be chronic or acute, but both deserve attention. Chiropractors have extensive knowledge regarding hip pain and work with all kinds of patients who suffer from it.
Common symptoms of hip pain include:
- Throbbing pain in the hip radiating into the leg
- Dull aches in the hips
- Poor sleep quality
- Pain in the thighs
- Pain the buttocks
- Motion and flexibility loss
- Hip discomfort while at rest
- Inability to perform physical activity
- Inability to work at your desk
Common reasons you have hip pain include:
- Sciatica- the sciatic nerve is the largest in the body, and when soft tissues that surround it put undue pressure on it, the result can be very painful
- Disc herniation- when the spine’s vertebrae (bones) are misaligned, the effects can cause damage to other areas of the body, including the hips
- Tendinitis- when tendons in the hip become inflamed, often due to overuse, it can cause discomfort
- Strains- the overstretching of muscles and tendons that support healthy hip function can cause irritation that prevents normal function
Pain gives us insight into dysfunction, so stopping it before the pain spreads is always best. If caught in time, all of these conditions can be effectively treated using chiropractic solutions designed around your unique needs.
How Can I Chiropractor Fix My Hip Pain?
Using an array of services, chiropractors can find the cause of your hip pain and design a treatment plan to help end it. It’s important to work with a doctor you trust and who listens to your needs, goals, and expectations.
In most cases, your chiropractor will use spine-correcting techniques and soft tissue manipulation to empower the body to heal independently. The end goal is to optimize your body so it can perform as it should.
Although you should never take your health for granted, we all tend to do it from time to time; no one knows this more than someone in pain. Get the help you need so you can enjoy a pain-free life.
Hip pain can affect anyone, and when it does, it can quickly interrupt your lifestyle and routine. Chiropractic solutions are designed with your safe, efficient recovery in mind. You don’t have to live with hip pain; your body was meant to support you, so let’s support it.
Contact our Lexington chiropractic clinic today, and let’s start your road to recovery. It could be shorter than you think.