The plantar fascia is a thick soft tissue that connects the heel bone to the toes. As you may imagine, it can take on an impressive amount of pressure; however, based on its location, it’s also at risk of injury. In many cases, the injury sustained is called plantar fasciitis.
Several people suffer from plantar fasciitis, whether they’re active or inactive. Chiropractic care is an excellent way to manage the symptoms caused by plantar fasciitis by providing solutions that cure the condition.
This article will answer the following questions:
- What is plantar fasciitis?
- What are the symptoms of plantar fasciitis?
- Why do I have plantar fasciitis?
- Can chiropractic care end my plantar fasciitis?
- And more
Let’s jump straight in…
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
The plantar fascia runs along the bottom of the foot, and when it becomes inflamed, plantar fasciitis is the result. The condition can cause various symptoms ranging in severity. Wondering if you have it?
Common symptoms of plantar fasciitis include:
- Stabbing pain near or in the heel of the foot
- Increasing pain in the foot while standing
- Pain in the foot upon the first steps of the day
- Swelling in the foot
- Foot tenderness
- Inability to put weight on the affected foot (limping)
- Foot pain that worsens after physical activity
- And others
These symptoms can interfere with your daily routine, so seeking help at the first signs will ensure you get the correct treatment and that your discomfort doesn’t worsen.
Plantar fasciitis is generally caused by overuse, repetitive motion, or anything that puts heightened pressure on the arch of your foot.
Plantar fasciitis affects various kinds of people; some include:
- Those who do exercises that impact the feet
- Those with tight calf muscles
- Overweight or pregnant people
- Those with flat feet or high arches
- Those who wear improper shoes
- Those who work on their feet daily
- Those whose jobs require carrying heavy objects
- And more
Between the ages of 40 and 60, the risk of the condition increases; however, no matter your age, chiropractic is a non-invasive, safe way to cure plantar fasciitis using reliable remedies.
Chiropractic Solutions to End Plantar Fasciitis Pain
We understand that to be productive, your body needs to be pain-free, balanced, and well-functioning. Chiropractic treatments are designed to restore and improve soft tissues and joints using the most effective, responsible care, so you can find quick relief.
Utilizing an array of spinal correction methods and soft tissue therapies, our experienced and thorough Lexington chiropractor will determine what’s causing your foot discomfort and put together a treatment plan based on your needs, goals, and abilities.
Benefits of chiropractic:
- Improved comfort
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased concentration and productivity
- Increased energy
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved healing process
- Proactive and preventative care guidance
- Enhanced joint and soft tissue function and health
- And many others
Chiropractic can reduce the inflammation in your plantar fascia and restore its proper function so you can continue doing the things you love, but its advantages are much more than physical.
Visit Our Lexington Chiropractic Clinic & End Your Pain
We believe in holistic, complementary solutions to healthcare. Besides our in-clinic treatments for your foot discomfort, we’ll provide take-home exercises and stretches, and guidance and education on proper movement patterns so you can maintain the results received while in our care.
Your plantar fasciitis may be causing you to miss out on your everyday activities and distract you from focusing on family and work-related events. Let’s get you better.
Contact our clinic today, and start living the life you’re supposed to be living; free from pain, energetic, and full of potential.