The neck is home to the cervical spine, which is the part of the spine that controls your neck movements and flexibility.
It offers an extensive range of motion and, for most, contributes to several everyday functions, such as driving a car, getting dressed, exercising, even sneezing.
Neck pain has increasingly become a more common reason to visit your local chiropractor. With advances in handheld device technology, new remote or stay-home workers, and even streaming platforms making prolonged sofa-sitting while binging your favorite shows a popular pastime, our family chiropractic clinic has seen a consistent uptick in neck pain patients.
With our excessive use of the neck’s soft tissues and vertebrae, injury and pain are typical. The good news is that, in most cases, your neck pain can be easily remedied using safe, non-invasive chiropractic services. Combining that with the correct exercises, stretches, and postural advice, your neck pain can get under control fast.
Why Do I Have Neck Pain?
We have many patients who are experiencing neck pain, they range in age and lifestyle, but they all want to find relief as responsibly and efficiently as possible. When our neck is out of balance, it can make work, physical activity, and our everyday routine challenging or impossible.
Because the cervical spine is part of the spinal structure, it’s important to look at the spine as a whole to see if your neck discomfort is due to other areas of the body. Chiropractic care takes a comprehensive approach to your body’s treatment, ensuring the source of pain is found. When one part of the musculoskeletal system is impaired, other areas may be affected.
Our Lexington chiropractic care team is ready to help you end your neck pain so you can live in comfort.
We see patients of all kinds, some common neck pain injuries and symptoms include:
- Tight muscles in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Radiating pain or stiffness from the neck into the shoulders
- Loss of range of motion and flexibility
- Inability to turn head in comfort
- Muscle spasms in the neck
- And more
Some common reasons you may have these symptoms include:
- Inflammation of the soft tissues
- Sprained or strained soft tissues
- Herniated disc
- Spinal stenosis
- Nerve irritation or pinched nerve
- And more
The chiropractic treatments we offer have been proven to end the neck pain many of our patients have endured. We’ve seen excellent results within only a few visits and always provide at-home methods for you to do on your own, so you can maintain good neck health.
Why We Experience Neck Pain
The neck is quite intricate and offers significant motion and flexibility. Like with the back, the neck is used in numerous daily movements. Even while at rest, the neck is bearing weight or has pressure put upon it- it does support the head on a regular basis. With all its capabilities, imbalances can arise.
- Bad posture
- Improperly set up workstation and ergonomics
- Text neck due to handheld devices
- Physical activity such as exercise, sporting events, and athletics
- Daily routine and everyday wear and tear
- Overuse injuries
- Habitual poor moving patterns
- Whiplash or neck trauma
- Work-related injury from a physically demanding job such as construction worker, mover, painter
- Auto accident
- Slip and fall
- And more
No matter where your pain is stemming from, we can help correct it so you can enjoy your lifestyle in comfort. With chiropractic solutions, you can invigorate your natural healing powers and find safety, restoration, and healing for your neck.
Your productivity and performance rely on your comfort, so it’s always best to see a chiropractor at the first signs of neck discomfort; doing so can keep your pain from worsening or spreading.
Our chiropractic care is safe, natural, and holistic and gets quick results with little to no downtime. We’re ready to get you healthy starting today; contact us to learn more.
How We Treat Neck Pain
Neck pain is generally due to injured soft tissues or vertebrae, making it easily managed using non-invasive measures. Our clinic supports patients who find quick and effective results through our simple chiropractic treatments.
Every patient differs, and we must take a unique approach to your care, so we provide several services to enhance your healing process and cater to your needs.
Some of our chiropractic treatments for neck pain include:
- Chiropractic care: using a swift, forceful thrust to a targeted joint, we will find balance and proper alignment to the spine; this method often offers immediate pain relief and improved motion
- Rehabilitation and exercise therapy: a non-invasive approach to strengthening and balancing the soft tissues of the neck, helping function and performance
- McKenzie Method (MDT): we utilize MDT, which is a series of tests that help us find posture and mobility problems; the results provide the necessary information to design a successful recovery plan
- Muscle and soft tissue therapies: this technique gives quick relief to pain involving the injured tissues and nerves
- ban assertive movement-based technique aimed at restoring the homeostasis in and around the nervous system
With these in-clinic treatments, you’ll also get postural and ergonomic advice and take-home exercises for continued neck support. We want you out there living life, not coming to our clinic for months. Healing and strengthening are the goals; let’s get you there.
Ending Your Neck Pain at the Source
Finding what’s causing your neck pain is our first and most critical step. Dr. Ian understands how the body is supposed to function as a whole; he assesses your body so he can make an educated decision about healing it.
No matter how intense your neck pain is, our care may play a significant role in reducing it. Misalignment and imbalances can be corrected using responsible chiropractic techniques that end pressure put on the nerves causing your discomfort.
When you visit our Lexington family chiropractic clinic, we’ll learn about your medical history, current pain points, and wellness goals before a comprehensive physical exam that tells us precisely what’s hindering your body’s performance. Your well-being is our top concern, so we ensure you’re comfortable with the plan we create for you.
You can trust that you’ll receive organic, safe, and smart solutions so that you don’t have to rely on pain medication or aggressive healthcare.
Together, we can take control of your neck pain, help you find balance and energy, and get you moving comfortably.